Favorite Blog Post

My favorite blog post from this quarter was the one about the episode of 30 Days that we watched in class. I thought it was an interesting post because it related to what we were talking about in class, addressed our society as a whole, and it touched on the first blog post I did this year. I think my blogging has improved over the year. Unfortunately, I was not as consistent this quarter perhaps due to junior theme and the fact that we were in the middle of a very busy soccer season. Overall, blogging has been a good experience and I really enjoyed this type of informal writing.

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

"Don't Ask, Don't Tell" to be repealed!!!




I was so pleased to read today that White House officials and leading congressional Democrats had reached an agreement on legislative language and a timetable for the repeal of the military's "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy. I wrote my junior theme on this issue because it had recently become a hot topic of debate, and all the information I found made me support the repeal of this bill. While it is still uncertain whether the deal has garnered enough votes to pass the House and Senate is still an exciting step forward for our nation's military. The plan is to unveil the proposal Tuesday morning. When the White House was asked for its official views on the matter, they quickly replied with their assent. Obama has been under pressure from gay rights activists since his inception due to his promise to repeal the law if he got into office. Although some, such as the Secretary of the Army, John McHugh, have been "effectively ignoring the policy" it is still nice to see the repeal made official.

No comments:

Post a Comment